Our 2023-2028 strategic plan, A Greener and Fairer Tomorrow, Starting Today, sets out our ambitions for the years ahead. It gives us a route map for planning our projects and services.
We want our town to be a good place to live and work. We believe in a future where everyone has a say in what happens locally, people are working together to protect our environment and those in hardship are supported to live well.
The plan describes our aims:
- Strengthen key projects that support our values and vision
- Develop new ideas to meet the needs and aspirations of local people
- Broaden and deepen our community engagement
- Create a financially sustainable future for Greener Kirkcaldy by diversifying our funding streams
It centres around five key themes:
- Climate Action
- Food and Growing
- Community Engagement and Development
It also provides a plan for developing our organisation, by:
- Developing and empowering our staff, volunteers and management committee
- Building and strengthening partnerships
- Give our community ownership through membership
- Diversifying our funding streams and generating our own income
- Reducing our own impact
- Increasing our equality and diversity
We developed the plan after consulting with our staff, volunteers, members and the wider community. We started by gathering ideas and experience from our staff and volunteers.
We continued the conversation with the wider community. We held a workshop at our November 2022 Annual Gathering, pop-up events in Kirkcaldy town centre and an online community survey. Over 350 people from our community gave us their ideas and feedback. Read more about our consultation.