Greener Kirkcaldy’s work helps people and organisations to reduce their carbon footprint. We are also committed to reducing our own environmental impact as a charity.
We want to make our operations carbon-neutral by 2030. This is an ambitious goal but we are up for the challenge!
We have published a Climate Action Plan that sets out the actions we will take towards our goal. The Climate Action Plan includes actions that will:
- Address our own carbon footprint
- Increase the priority of carbon savings in our work
- Engage our community in climate action
Some of the climate actions we have taken include:
- Leading the Climate Action Fife partnership
- Introducing an Ethical Food Policy
- Achieving Gold accreditation as a Climate Literate Organisation
- Creating a consistent approach to talking about the climate emergency
- Adding bike parking at Ravenscraig Walled Garden
- Making our community building more energy efficient
Our internal Green Team, led by Development Manager Kitty O’Connor, leads the delivery of this plan. Each of our project delivery teams have their own Climate Action Plan that sets out their plans in detail.
Read our Climate Action Plan (pdf)