Climate Champion Volunteer
We are looking for volunteers to help plan and deliver events and training in Kirkcaldy and Fife.
Our events aim to get the climate conversations going through interactive, thought provoking and fun activities. They may be on a particular climate theme or may be general climate change awareness raising events. In the past we have delivered climate cafes, film screenings, staycation pop-up events and attended family fun days. Climate Champion volunteers help us to design and deliver these events.
We would also like you to help deliver our climate change training sessions to community groups.
Our events and training take place in-person and online.
You do not need to be a climate expert – we will provide training to get you up to speed. A little understanding of how individual choices can impact global warming would be helpful (e.g. driving/flying less, reusing, buying local etc).
- Assisting with design and delivery of climate change events.
- Assisting in delivering climate change training to local organisations, businesses and the general public.
- Varied depending on events you are involved in, but likely to be a few days a month. Time commitment would likely increase in run-up to and during events.
- Events and training take place on Monday – Friday and at the weekends. Some take place during the working day and some in the evenings.
- Planning of events would take place during the working day Monday – Friday.
- A good communicator and good listener
- Able to work as part of a team
- Friendly, approachable and welcoming
- Organised, enthusiastic and flexible
Skills and Knowledge
- Some knowledge of climate issues would be useful
Support and Training
- Full induction will be given
- Carbon Literacy Training certified by the Carbon Literacy Project
- We can provide other relevant training
- Travel expenses will be convered
If this is for you, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org