Volunteer with us and make a difference! Share our passion to make Kirkcaldy a greener and fairer place to live and work.
We currently have more than 50 active volunteers. Between March 2017 and April 2018, our volunteers contributed a fantastic 3000 hours of their time to help their community. We are always looking for more volunteers to work with us. You don’t need to have experience to volunteer, but an interest in the topics we are involved in is important, for example: our environment, climate change, food and growing, reducing waste, and sustainable transport.
We are looking for volunteers that:
- Are approachable, friendly and enthusiastic, and able to participate independently in our activities
- Can take and act on instructions, including health and safety procedures
- Can engage with our work and activities, and like working with other people
- Are comfortable about speaking to other people
Volunteers are at the heart of several of our community projects. Through volunteering, people can play an important part in supporting our values, and helping us to deliver activities that meet the needs and aspiration of our local community. Our volunteers can give as much, or as little, of their time as they like and all input is greatly appreciated.
What can I do?
Volunteers can carry out a huge range of tasks indoors, outdoors or at home using a range of skills and learning that fit around your situation. We can give you training if you haven’t done something before. As part of our team, volunteers can participate in a variety of roles:
– growing fruit, vegetables and herbs at our community orchard and training allotment
– helping us to tell the world about what we do by writing blogs for our website
– helping us at events to speak to and inspire people to get involved in our activities
Our Food Works! Our Food Works! project also provides additional and valuable skills and experience in food and horticulture for local people wanting to move into education, volunteering or employment.
Volunteers in action
We recently made a short film about some of our volunteers – watch it to hear what people have to say about volunteering with Greener Kirkcaldy.
Our commitment to volunteers