Volunteer with us and make a difference! Share our passion to make Kirkcaldy a greener and fairer place to live and work.
We currently have more than 50 active volunteers. Between March 2018 and April 2019, our volunteers contributed a fantastic 3000 hours of their time to help their community. We are always looking for more volunteers to work with us and you don’t need to have any experience to volunteer.
We are looking for volunteers that are:
- interested in the following topics: protecting our environment; climate change; food and growing; reducing waste, and sustainable transport
- Flexible and enjoy working with and helping others
- Willing to learn new skills
- Interested in helping to develop resources are community can enjoy like our community training garden and orchard, and community events
Volunteers are at the heart of several of our community projects. Through volunteering, people can play an important part in supporting our values, and helping us to deliver activities that meet the needs and aspiration of our local community. Our volunteers can give as much, or as little, of their time as they like and all input is greatly appreciated.
– growing fruit, vegetables and herbs at our community orchard and training allotment
– helping us to tell the world about what we do by writing blogs for our website
Our Food Works! Our Food Works! project also provides additional and valuable skills and experience in food and horticulture for local people wanting to move into education, volunteering or employment.
Volunteers in action
We recently made a short film about some of our volunteers – watch it to hear what people have to say about volunteering with Greener Kirkcaldy.
Our commitment to volunteers