Cycle Ride Leader / Assistant
Greener Kirkcaldy run activities encouraging people to walk and cycle more. As part of this, we will be running a series of leisurely bike rides to encourage people to get back on their bikes, learn new routes and build their confidence cycling.
We are looking to create a network of volunteers to run and assist with cycle rides across Kirkcaldy. Most rides will be approximately 3-8 miles long (although some may be longer). Volunteers can run activities for their own communities, groups or organisations, or assist with our public rides.
Volunteers can arrange and run their own activities at any time. Greener Kirkcaldy rides are likely to be in the evenings and at weekends.
We’re looking for a team of committed volunteers to:
- Lead (or assist with) led bike rides
- Carry out basic bike safety checks
- Make people feel welcome
- Encourage slower, less confident cyclists
- Promote cycling as a mode of transport
For volunteers leading rides within their community/group/organisation, we are looking for people who will also:
- Identify routes for rides
- Carry out risk assessments of routes
- Organise and promote the rides within their community/group/organisation
- Happy to work in a team
- Friendly, approachable and welcoming
- Organised, enthusiastic and flexible
Skills and knowledge
- Basic cycling skills
- Ability to cycle at least 6 miles
- Good communication skills
You will need your own bike, which must be in good working order.
Support and training
- Full induction will be given
- Greener Kirkcaldy will provide Cycle Ride Leader training
- We can also provide other relevant training, including first aid and basic bike maintenance
- We can reimburse reasonable expenses
We have regular volunteer social events which all volunteers are invited to.
We are looking for volunteers to make a regular commitment of running or helping with a ride at least once a month.
Would you like to get involved?
Interested? Please contact Susan by emailing email@example.com or phone 01592 858458.