Community Food Volunteer
The Lang Spoon Kitchen is a place for people to grow, cook, eat and learn. We run a range of exciting food and cooking activities including courses and workshops, a weekly community meal, The Lang Toun Larder – a community pantry, and a community fridge. These activities run at various times Monday – Saturday, both during the day and in the evening.
We have a committed team of Community Food Volunteers who help us run these activities. We’re not recruiting volunteers at the moment but we may have more opportunities in 2023.
- Lending a hand at courses and workshops
- Preparing and cooking food for events and activities
- Helping to run our weekly Community Meal
- Collecting food donations
- Helping out in our community pantry
- Helping with the washing up
- Planning other events
- Happy to work in a team
- Friendly, approachable and welcoming
- Organised, enthusiastic and flexible
Skills and knowledge
Experience or an interest in one or more of the following:
- Food and cooking
- Being involved in the community
- Good communication skills
Support and Training
- Full induction will be given
- Greener Kirkcaldy will provide REHIS Elementary Food Hygiene training to all volunteers involved as well as on-going training
Flexible sessions and regular weekly activities.
We have regular social events which all volunteers are invited to.
Would you like to get involved?
If you’re interested in this role, fill out our volunteer registration form. If you’d like more information please contact Caroline by emailing volunteer@greenerkirkcaldy.