Community Food Volunteer (not currently recruiting)
Help out in The Lang Spoon Community Kitchen. We’re running exciting new food and cooking activities, including courses and workshops, community meals, a pop up café, a new lunch club for older people, and more. These activities will run at various times Monday – Saturday, during the day, and in the evening.
We’re looking for a team of committed volunteers to:
- Lend a hand at courses and workshops
- Help us make delicious meals for our local community
- Help serve food and make people feel welcome
- Help with the washing up
- Help to plan other events
- Happy to work in a team
- Friendly, approachable and welcoming
- Organised, enthusiastic and flexible
Skills and knowledge
Experience or an interest in one or more of the following:
- Food and cooking
- Being involved in the community
- Good communication skills
Support and Training
- Full induction will be given
- Greener Kirkcaldy will provide REHIS Elementary Food Hygiene training to all volunteers involved as well as on-going training
Flexible sessions from one of classes to regular weekly activities to 6- 8-week block programmes.
We have regular volunteer social events which all volunteers are invited to.
Would you like to get involved?
Interested? Please contact Geraldine by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01592 858458