Community Food Volunteer
Help out in The Lang Spoon Community Kitchen. We run a range of exciting food and cooking activities, including courses and workshops, a community meals takeaway, The Lang Toun Larder – a community pantry, and a community fridge. These activities run at various times Monday – Saturday, during the day, and in the evening.
We’re looking for a team of committed volunteers to:
- Lend a hand at courses and workshops
- Help us make delicious meals for our local community
- Help collect food donations
- Help our in our community pantry
- Help serve food and make people feel welcome
- Help with the washing up
- Help to plan other events
- Happy to work in a team
- Friendly, approachable and welcoming
- Organised, enthusiastic and flexible
Skills and knowledge
Experience or an interest in one or more of the following:
- Food and cooking
- Being involved in the community
- Good communication skills
Support and Training
- Full induction will be given
- Greener Kirkcaldy will provide REHIS Elementary Food Hygiene training to all volunteers involved as well as on-going training
Flexible sessions and regular weekly activities.
We have regular volunteer social events which all volunteers are invited to.
Would you like to get involved?
Interested? Please contact Geraldine by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01592 858458