Volunteer Opportunity – Community Mapper
Greener Kirkcaldy is looking for volunteers to take part in an exciting Community Mapping Project. We want to survey the whole of Kirkcaldy to identify:
- Sites that would be suitable for a community solar energy project
- Areas that would be suitable for development as community growing spaces.
- Businesses and organisations that provide re-use or repair services.
We’re collecting this information to help us plan our future projects, but also to create a ‘Reuse and Repair’ map to help the town buy second hand, donate for reuse or repair faulty items.
The first meeting is to be held at 6pm on Monday 25th November in our Advice Centre (254a High Street ). Attendance is mandatory at this meeting for volunteers.
- Attend a training evening to be made aware of the project, what data we are collecting and how to collect it.
- In pairs, on foot/by bike, audit an assigned area for possible solar sites, potential growing spaces and existing reuse and repair services.
- A knowledge of Kirkcaldy
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Be fit and healthy – this role involves tramping the streets!
- Good common sense
- Attend an evening training and information session
- Collect data according to pro-forma given to you by Greener Kirkcaldy
- Act responsibly – you will be representing Greener Kirkcaldy in the community
- Work to a given timetable
Greener Kirkcaldy will:
- Provide you with training
- Provide you with suitable equipment
- Provide you with health and safety guidelines
- Reimburse any travel expenses.
To apply please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel. 01592 858458 or come into our Advice Centre and Shop at 254a High Street.
A PDF of this role description is available here Community Mapper|