Networking event for Fife communities taking action on climate change – 21st Nov
Calling all Fife community groups!
Please join us on Thursday 21st November for a day of learning about each others plans, successes and challenges, and sharing ideas and inspiration. We’ll also visit the community gardens and orchard in the beautiful Ravenscraig Walled Garden, and hear from some great guest speakers.
The event is free and open to members of any community group taking local action on climate change or sustainability (plus any groups who would like to take action). It is sponsored by the Climate Challenge Fund‘s new Peer Networking programme, and Julian Holbrooke from the CCF will there to chat to people about the fund, as well as leading an interesting discussion on climate change and how we engage with our communities.
To book your place just email email@example.com or call 01592 858458 telling us your name and the name of your community group.
Venue is Dysart Community Hall, 1 West Port, Dysart, KY1 2TD. Its close to several bus routes – see www.travelinescotland.com/journeyplanner . If anyone would like a lift from Kirkcaldy station please let us know and we will coordinate liftshares.
Start time is 10.30 and we’ll finish by 4pm. There will be tea and coffee from 10.15. A vegetarian lunch will be provided – please let us know if you have any other dietary requirements.
Agenda for the day
- Short presentations from local groups and projects – including Fife Diet, Fife Zero Waste, St Andrews Environmental Network, Falkland & Lomonds Transition Community, Greener Kirkcaldy
- Site visit to Ravenscraig Community Garden and Orchard
- Guest speakers
- Scottish Communities Climate Action Network
- Climate Challenge Fund (Julian Holbrooke)
- Home Energy Scotland (Sitar Ramsey)
- What next for the Fife network – ‘open space’ facilitated discussion