- This event has passed.
Working together for a better future: Annual Gathering & AGM
Saturday 4th November : 10:00 am - 2:15 pm
Free (optional donation)
Book now »
This year’s Annual Gathering focuses on organisations in Kirkcaldy that work tirelessly to create a future where everyone can live better. In May, we launched our Strategic Plan 2023-28 which sets out our ambitions for the years ahead. We want our town to be a good place to live and work. We believe in a future where everyone has a say in what happens locally, people are working together to protect our environment and those in hardship are supported to live well.
At the gathering, we want to highlight what others in Kirkcaldy are doing to support that ambition too and explore how we can work together to achieve our goals.
Our panel will share what their organisations do to make Kirkcaldy a better place to live and how they support the people who live here.
- Amelia Wilkinson, Love Oor Lang Toun
- Stacey Donaldson, Nourish
- Dianne Leishman, The Leven Programme
- Fiona Sword and Steven Blair, YMCA Kirkcaldy
Annual General Meeting
The event concludes with our AGM. Here are the documents relating to this year’s meeting. You can also view these documents at the Welcome Area in 8 East Fergus Place.
Only members can vote in the AGM.
Greener Kirkcaldy showcase
Following the AGM, the Greener Kirkcaldy staff and volunteer teams are putting on a range of showcase/taster sessions exclusively for members to enjoy.. All sessions will begin at 1:30pm and finish at 2:15pm.
The following sessions are on offer:
- Lang Toun Cycles: David from Lang Toun Cycles will share tips on how to swap the inner tube on a bicycle wheel. No prior knowledge necessary. We will provide all tools, wheels and inner tubes.
- Community Engagement Team: Build your climate emergency knowledge and find out how to take action through fun interactive games.
- Cosy Kingdom Team: Play fun energy-themed games and activities to learn the secret to staying cosy while conserving energy at home.
- Chief Executive Lauren Brook: An audience with the Chief Exec – ask Lauren your burning questions!
- Comms & Development Team: Discover how Greener Kirkcaldy communicates its values and how you can help us spread the word.
- Community Food Team: Make a delicious preserve to take home and enjoy using produce harvested from our community garden.
This part of the event is for members only. You can become a member by filling in our online form or speaking to our team in the welcome area in our Community Building.
Our Annual Gathering and the Greener Kirkcaldy Showcase are free to attend but spaces are limited, so booking is required. You can choose to purchase a ticket with a donation. Donations help us do more work in our community.
If you would like to attend both the Greener Kirkcaldy Showcase and the Annual Gathering, please book a ticket for both.
Tea and coffee served on arrival from 10am. The AGM is followed by a light lunch. If you have any dietary requirements please let us know when you book your ticket. Our programme starts promptly at 10:30am.
There are two accessible parking bays available outside 8 East Fergus Place. Blue Badge holders can use the on-street parking at East Fergus Place. There is a 30-minute limit if you do not have a Blue Badge.
The nearest free car park is at Kirkcaldy train station.
We have a ramp into the building and level access throughout. There is also an accessible toilet. A portable hearing loop will be used in the main event space.
If you have any problems booking or any questions, please phone 01592 858458 or email email@example.com