Lang Toun Cycles Retail and Customer Service Volunteer
Lang Toun Cycles is a new community cycle shop, social enterprise start-up project from Greener Kirkcaldy.
Lang Toun Cycles is based in a large 2 story retail space at 245 High Street, Kirkcaldy. We are looking for volunteers to join our Retail and Customer Service team to work on the shop floor to greet our customers, check cycles in for service, help with sales of refurbished cycles and new cycling accessories and to maintain a clean and welcoming environment for all our visitors.
Lang Toun Cycles opening times are:
Tuesday: 10am – 5.30pm
Thursday: 10am -5.30pm
Friday: 10am – 5.30pm
Saturday: 10am – 5.30pm
- Welcoming customers to the shop
- Checking customer cycles in for service
- Operating our point of sale system and cash handling
- Providing information and advice to customers about service and repair options
- Speaking to visitors about refurbished cycles available for sale
- Advising customers about cycle accessories for sale
- Maintaining a clean, welcoming and nicely presented shop area
- Helping with events, classes and workshops at Lang Toun Cycles
- Providing administrative support
- Approachable, non-judgemental, and have a friendly manner when dealing with other staff, volunteers, customers and visitors
- Enjoy helping others and working in a team
- Flexible and willing to learn new skills
Skills and knowledge
- An interest in cycling
- Some understanding of our environment and an interest in making Kirkcaldy a greener and fairer place to live
- Basic admin skills and computer literacy
- Some cash handling
Support and Training
- Greener Kirkcaldy/Lang Toun Cycles Staff will give new volunteers full training and there are written processes and procedures to follow. Other training, such as First Aid will be provided as required
Minimum volunteer hours:
9am – 1.30pm or 1.30pm – 5.30pm one day per week
Greener Kirkcaldy have regular volunteer social events which all volunteers are invited to.
Would you like to get involved?
Please contact David Glover by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01592 858458