Help Fuel Fife Folk
Simply keeping warm in winter is a challenge for many people in Fife, who were already struggling to afford increasingly expensive fuel bills before the cost-of-living crisis hit. In addition, the cold winter months threaten ill health and isolation. An estimated one in three households in Fife are living in fuel poverty, spending more than 10% of their annual income trying to heat their homes.
Last year, our energy advisors helped over 4,000 households in Fife by visiting people in their homes and providing free energy advice and support. We’re appealing for your donations to help us support those in need to stay warm over the winter. Your donations will provide vital measures including low-energy over blankets, warm thermal curtains, reflective radiator panels and fuel support.
Read how we helped Lucy stay warm last winter.
Any donation, however large or small, will help
- £20 could purchase a halogen heater
- £50 could heat a family home for a week this winter
- £60 could purchase an electric over-blanket
- £180 could provide thermal curtains, radiator panels and draught-proofing for a whole room
How you can help keep people warm in Fife this winter
- Make a one-off donation via debit/credit card or Paypal on our online donations page or set up a monthly direct debit.
- Send a cheque made payable to ‘Greener Kirkcaldy’ to Greener Kirkcaldy, 8 East Fergus Place, Kirkcaldy, KY1 1XT. Signing up to Gift Aid means you can add 25p extra to each pound you give at no cost to you. Please complete and return this Gift Aid Form along with your cheque.
- Call 01592 858458 to make a telephone donation
- Pop into Greener Kirkcaldy’s community building at 8 East Fergus Place, Kirkcaldy. Open Monday – Friday, 9:30am – 4:30pm (Wednesday 12pm – 4:30pm).