Welcome Area Volunteer
Greener Kirkcaldy is based in a lovely new building at 8 East Fergus Place. We are looking for volunteers to join our Welcome Area team to help Greener Kirkcaldy staff greet all our visitors provide information about everything we do.
Greener Kirkcaldy opening times are:
Monday – Tuesday 9.30am – 4.30pm
Wednesday 12pm – 4.30pm
Thursday – Friday 9.30am – 4.30pm
- Welcoming people to our building
- Providing information and advice as requested and signposting to other services and opportunities
- Speaking to visitors about Greener Kirkcaldy activities, events and volunteering
- Booking visitors onto events and workshops
- Helping with our Community Fridge and Food Coop
- Providing administrative support
- Approachable, non-judgemental, and have a friendly manner when dealing with visitors
- Enjoy helping others and working in a team
- Flexible and willing to learn new skills
Skills and knowledge
- An understanding of our environment and an interest in making Kirkcaldy a greener and fairer place to live
- Basic admin skills and computer literacy
- Some cash handling
Support and Training
- Greener Kirkcaldy Staff will give new volunteers full training and there are written processes and procedures to follow. Other training such as food hygiene will also be provided.
Minimum volunteer hours: 9.15 am – 1.15pm or 1pm – 4.45pm
We have regular volunteer social events which all volunteers are invited to.
Would you like to get involved?
Interested? Please contact Kitty by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01592 858458