Walk Leader / Assistant
Greener Kirkcaldy runs activities encouraging people to walk and cycle more. As part of this, we will be running a series of leisurely walks to encourage people to explore Kirkcaldy, and get more exercise and fresh air.
We are looking to create a network of volunteers to run and assist with walks across Kirkcaldy. Walks will be approximately 30-50 minutes long. Volunteers can run activities for their own communities, groups or organisations, or assist with our public walks. Walks can be run on any day/time.
We’re looking for a team of committed volunteers to:
- Lead (or assist with) led walks
- Make people feel welcome and encourage slower, less confident walkers
- Promote walking as a mode of transport
For volunteers leading walks within their community/group/organisation, we are looking for people who will also:
- Identify routes for walks
- Carry out risk assessments of routes
- Organise and promote the walks within their community/group/organisation
- Happy to work in a team
- Friendly, approachable and welcoming
- Organised, enthusiastic and flexible
Skills and knowledge
- Basic level of fitness – ability to walk at least 2 miles
- Good communication skills
Support and training
- Full induction will be given
- Greener Kirkcaldy can provide Walk Leader training
- We can also provide other relevant training, including first aid
- We can reimburse reasonable expenses
We have regular volunteer social events which all volunteers are invited to.
We are looking for volunteers to make a regular commitment of running, or helping with a walk, at least once a month.
Would you like to get involved?
Interested? Please email Susan on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01592 858458.