We are recruiting for a Sessional Playworker to join our team. Closing date for applications: 17 September.
Job Opportunity: Development Worker (Sessional)Posted on 31st August 2018 by Lauren Parry
Greener Kirkcaldy is a community charity, working on a local scale to benefit people and our environment. We are concerned about climate change and by the impact of rising food and fuel costs. We would like to see a future where everyone is able to heat their home affordably, eat well, and tread more lightly on our planet.
We are now seeking a sessional Development Worker to work as part of the Greener Kirkcaldy team to support the volunteers who develop and maintain our community garden and orchard at Ravenscraig Walled Gardens in Kirkcaldy.
The person we’re looking for should:
- Have experience of working with people from varied backgrounds and with differing abilities
- Have excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Have the ability to support groups to work on tasks while also having an awareness of individual needs
- Take a flexible and adaptable approach and be able to calmly deal with the unexpected
- Have an interest and some experience of growing fruit and vegetables
- Be able to work on Fridays and Saturdays
Rate of pay: £15.30 per hour, on a self-employed basis.
Click here for the Development worker (Sessional) RWG – Job Description. Our volunteer sessions run on Friday mornings and Saturday afternoons, so you will need to be available at one or both of these times.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter setting out why you are suitable for the role, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for applications: 5pm Monday 17th September 2018. Interviews will be held on Friday 21st September 2018.
If you would like to discuss this post informally, please email email@example.com.