Many of our projects and activities fit in with the Scottish Government’s 10 Key Behaviour Changes. Media Volunteer Steven explains more in his blog.
Computer Fix-it Drop-inPosted on 22nd May 2017 by Lauren Parry
Saturday 3rd June, 10.30am – 2pm, High Street Hub
Saturday 1st July, 10.30am – 2pm, Hayfield Community Centre
Come along to a Computer Fix-It drop-in and have your device looked at and repaired for FREE. Our IT experts Sherv and Brian will be on hand to make basic repairs and fix common computer issues if they can.
Just bring along your laptop, smartphone or tablet. Please read the points below before coming along to the event:
- All repairs are made, and advice taken at the participants’ own risk. This is a free service and not a commercial enterprise. Although our IT experts are qualified we cannot guarantee the repairs.
- Our IT experts will diagnose the problem and try their best to fix it on the day. However, not all problems will be repairable in the time we have or may need parts or specialist equipment. If they can’t fix the device on the day, they’ll advise you on what to do next, or what parts to buy so you can come back to another event.
- The event is free, and they’ll try and fix your device for free if they can. However, if replacement parts are needed, participants will need to purchase these themselves.
- Please bring your laptop, smartphone or tablet AND try and remember your power lead/charger.
- If you can, try and back up important files before you come to the event in case your device needs re-setting/restoring.
- The event is run on a first come first served basis and can get quite busy. We will endeavour to get through everyone, but please come early to avoid disappointment. If you arrive after 1.30pm, there is a chance than you won’t be seen.
For more information call us on 01592 858458, email firstname.lastname@example.org or drop into our High Street Hub at 254a High Street, Kirkcaldy Wednesday to Saturday 10am to 4pm.
Bring your bike along for a free 15 minute ‘fix-it session’ with Dave’s Bike Shed. Saturday 3 June, 12pm – 4pm, Linton Lane Centre
Learn the skills to solve common laptop and PC issues. Four classes starting Monday 12 June, 6pm – 8pm, St Bryce Kirk Centre.