Bespoke or set grocery boxes of local, seasonal veg available fortnightly. Order Tuesday 11th December to collect on Saturday 15th.
Closet Clearout CampaignPosted on 19th January 2016 by geraldine
Did you know the average UK household owns around £4,000 worth of clothing and 30% of the clothes in our wardrobes haven’t been worn in the last year? Often our wardrobes are so jam packed we can’t see what we have.
Around 50% of clothes are re-used at present, which is the most resource efficient strategy for managing unwanted clothing. Recycling and re-using clothes helps to reduce the carbon, waste and water associated with the clothing manufacturing process. However, we’d like to see lots more re-used and recycled, and a lot less clothes going in the bin and landfill.
Even if you no longer have a use for your clothes, other people can love what you don’t need or want. From January to March, Greener Kirkcaldy are encouraging you to regularly clear out your clothes closet or wardrobe and swap or donate your unwanted clothes at our events.
Is this sounding like a good idea to you? Then get involved in our Closet Clearout Campaign. It’s really easy. There are three ways you can be involved:
1. Bring clothes to swap or donate to our Pass it in Week Closet Clearout on Wednesday 9 March at St Bryce Kirk Centre Kirkcaldy 5.00pm – 7.00pm. Anything not swapped will be passed on to local charities.
2. Bring clothes you want to donate to our High Street Hub at 254a High Street, Kirkcaldy at any time and we will pass them on to local charities – Open Wednesday to Saturday 10am to 4pm.
- Tell us the number of and type of items, or weight of items
- If you can add a photo of the items that would be brilliant
- Don’t forget to use our hashtag #GKClosetClearout
Just bring along any unwanted but clean, gently used clothes, shoes, bags, belts, hats, scarves and gloves. We would particularly welcome children’s clothes too.
If anyone in the Kirkcaldy area has clothes they would like to donate but are unable to travel to our events or our Hub, get in touch with us as we may be able to pick them up (10 items or more). Everyone who donates and, or swaps clothes will be entered into a prize draw – you could win an Upcyling Workshop for you and three friends!
Information sources from Waste and Resources Action Programme (WRAP) ‘Love your clothes’ campaign 2014.